RoboDojo 27/07/24

 We took all three of our robots to York for our second RoboDojo event. 


Exposure


Exposure's first fight was against Percussive Maintenance XL. As the fight started, I got a good hit and flipped him over, however the belt once again snapped. This left me to be bullied around the arena for the rest of the match and the judges decision obviously went to PMXL. We rejoined the belt for hopefully the last time, and waited for the second fight.






The second fight was a rematch against Little Grey Fergie. The fight started with me getting a good hit, then another, the another! The belt stayed on for the entire fight! I did have a bit of a scare when one of my wheel guard screws came loose and high-centred me, but I just managed to wiggle free and give a few more big hits before my opponent tapped out.


The third fight was another rematch against Chucky, and like last time, I was bullied around the arena and pitted. However I was very happy that the robot managed to self right on the weapon, and also took quite a big chunk out of the wall.















Exposure's final fight was against Baby Dead Bod (sigh). Why does this happen at every single event?!! The first exchange ripped off one of my wedges, and BDB sliced straight through the other and got stuck. After the unstick, there was a small hit, and then I got a big hit and launched it into the wall! However, the next hit sent Exposure bouncing across the arena, which shook the link loose. Thomas told me after the fight that I had bent his 5mm Hardox bar!




Fallout

Fallout was a little disappointing to be honest. The wheels, which had performed completely fine in our test box, had no grip with the weapon active, meaning I got pitted instantly in the first three fights. In the final fight, we added some double-sided tape to the front wheels, which helped a lot. 

The first fight was against Flik. I don't have a video of this, but I spun up too quickly and bounced around and was lightly pushed into the pit.

The second fight was against Megaflip. This was almost the same as the first fight.

The third fight was against Ash No.1. Same again.


And the final fight was against Olympus, a really cool three part cluster bot. I managed to slam one of them into the wall and then into the pit, but slipped down the pit myself when I took out the second one.


Overall there are lots of improvements needed, but considering we're taking a break from events until September, there's plenty of time to make those changes.


Repulsion

The first ever competitive fight for Repulsion. After an initial flip and recovery, Dad managed to flip Megaflip a few times but it was able to recover with ease. The fight ended with Megaflip accidentally driving into the pit. 


This didn't go so well. The first engagement damaged Repulsion's weapon on one side. Dad tried to line up correctly to flip Relativity but it got some good hits and broke Repulsion's forks pretty quickly.  Dad tapped out and took Repulsion back to the bench for some much needed repairs. Fortunately we brought spares! 



Beat Ya! didn't make it to the arena for Dad's third fight. Fortunately the repairs after the last fight worked and Repulsion was able to show mobility. 

By the forth fight Dad was beginning to drive Repulsion better. He managed to chase Piece De Resistance around the arena and flip it a few times, including a winning flip into the pit.


Then my dad got a place in the 6th place rumble. His strategy was to stay away from others during the initial charge, but he quickly ended up on the receiving end of Dissector's overhead saw. He managed to free Replusion without too much damage then tried to go on the attack. After a failed attempt to flip, he was quickly pushed into the pit by Expandabot who went on to win the rumble and finish in 6th place overall. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robodojo 06/04/24

BBB Brawl 2024

BBB x LHG Summer Showdown